Download the PDF of the Second Announcement
The eleventh International Symposium on Non-Thermal/Thermal Plasma Pollution Control Technology and Sustainable Energy (ISNTP-11) will be organized by the Department of Chemical Sciences of the University of Padova in Montegrotto Terme (Padova), Italy, during July 1 – 5, 2018. The University of Padova was established in 1222. Defending freedom of thought in study and teaching became a distinctive feature which today lives on in the University motto: Universa Universis Patavina Libertas.
The ISNTP is a biannual international conference series started in 1992 in the UK. Following editions were held in Brazil (1997), Korea (2001), USA (2004), France (2006), Taiwan (2008), Canada (2010), France (2012), China (2014) and Brasil (2016).
Since its first edition the conference focus has been on environmental applications using non-thermal and thermal plasma technologies. Specific topics have included flue gas treatment, air treatment, water treatment, solid and liquid waste treatments, fuel reforming and plasma assisted combustion. More recently the scope of the conference was extended to include treatment of materials, surface bio-decontamination, biomedical applications and electrostatics. With ISNTP-11 the new emerging topic of plasma applications in agriculture and food processing is being considered, with the aim to stimulate the search for plasma based solutions for major global issues of our days. As of tradition, ISNTP-11 will cover both applications and fundamentals in discharge physics and plasma chemistry.
Aim of the symposium is the advancement of knowledge in plasma science and technology through the promotion of constructive interactions among scientists having different backgrounds but sharing the common interest in developing plasma-based technologies, in particular for environmental protection and improvement of the quality of life.
The four-day format of the symposium and its expected size will provide excellent opportunities for the interaction and exchange of knowledge and information both during the scientific sessions and in informal discussions.
Scientific contributions will be presented in oral and poster sessions. The official language of the symposium is English.
– Fundamentals and Diagnostics of Atmospheric Discharge Phenomena
– Modeling and Simulation of Atmospheric Discharge Phenomena
– Air Treatment (VOCs/NOx/greenhouse gases/PM)
– Water Treatment (waste/ground/drinking water)
– Soil Treatment
– Hazardous Materials Treatment (dioxins/PCBs/halogenated compounds/mercury)
– Combination of Plasma with other Technologies (catalysis/biodegradation/adsorption)
– Plasma Assisted Combustion
– Environmental Technology and Sustainable Energy
– Fuel Reforming & Energy-Related Applications
– Fabrication of Materials by Plasma
– Bio-decontamination and Biomedical Applications
– Applications in Agriculture and Food Processing